Saturday, January 21, 2012

Teach Me a Song

I know many teachers get asked this by those who don't play piano, Can you teach me a song?  I know many teachers would answer with no.  They've learned by experience that there is too much to know about piano to successfully play a song without some prior knowledge.  But I jumped in anyway.  I created a chord diagram on my computer, placing dots on the correct keys for each chord.  (She has taught herself guitar, so is she has used chord charts of sorts.) We went over the notes to the melody, and touched on the rhythm of a familiar song.  It won't be easy, but if she applies herself and takes it a section at a time, she'll succeed.  And the great thing, it inspired her to go ahead and sign up for lessons to learn how to play like she really wants to.  I'm looking forward to helping her reach her goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment