Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Student Results

The meeting went well today, I am very excited to begin teaching a new student!  She is very enthusiastic and has her parents' support.  I decided on the Faber Primer & Theory books, as I had extra copies on hand, and also I hope to try out their new sight reading book which can be started about half way through the lesson book.  She seems to have a diligent spirit and understands she must practice to improve.  I put that a little more directly to her as an individual student this time, asking her how much time she thought she could practice in a week.  She asked if a half hour a day was enough!  :)  (If I could get some of my students to practice 1/3 of that I'd be happy... they'd be happier too!)  Mom chimed in offering a particular time in the evening she would have available.  I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this sweet young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment