Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another New

For several years now I've been part of a hand bell choir.  We've had adult choirs, children's choirs, youth choirs, blended choirs.  Now we get to try something new.  A beginning choir.... with me directing it!  I've learned a lot about teaching music over the past couple of years, but this will be a real test, teaching an entire group of young students, dealing with behaviour, having the energy to stay on top of it all....  I guess it goes back to the old addage, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  And more organized.  I think I need to carry a filing cabinet on my back now.  But wow, what an opportunity, to take a group of people who may barely know a quarter note from a crescendo and teach them how to play a song from start to finish...  whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment