Monday, January 16, 2012

Practice Incentive Revisited

I still really want to do a practice incentive, but an elaborate theme is out.  I don't have the energy to keep track of it.  I also don't want my students competing against each other.  Some will clearly come out on top, some could possibly give up.  So why not meet an individual goal instead.  Each student can set their own reasonable plan.  I'm keeping it simple, just a weekly total of practicing. They're already working to memorize songs and master their theory for exams in April.   If they meet their goal, they work towards the prize.  If they don't, they have to work harder the next week to catch up.  But it's their own goal, they committed to it.  They don't have to catch up with anyone but themselves.  And if it works, we can set a higher bar for the next incentive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment