Thursday, March 1, 2012

Why Only One Post in February?

Only one post in February, and now it's March 1st and I have three posts!  I've wondered myself what was keeping me away last month.  At this time on Thursdays mornings the past few weeks, I was rehearsing with my duet partnet for a teacher's recital which was on Feb. 26.  Now that it's over, I have a few more chunks of time available.  In conjunction with the post about how important recitals are, I think they are equally important for a teacher to be participating in.  I'm very thankful for the opportunity, though it nearly drained me!  Most of my spare time was spent practicing or rehearsing.  I certainly can see where my weaknesses are, and thank my colleagues for their patience as I develop those areas.  I can also relate better to my students and what they go through in preparation for a public performance.  I will take a few weeks break, but in late spring will begin preparing for the September recital.  It won't be easy, but I believe I need to be an example to my students and be willing to work hard and grow as well.  And wow, there's a lot of room for improvement...!

No comments:

Post a Comment