Monday, March 26, 2012

Ribbon Festival Recap

Another successful recital, though from a teacher's perspective, it was quite an undertaking.  Going from setting up, to hosting recitals, to teaching games to a room full of unfamiliar students...  I was almost too exhausted to enjoy my students performances.  I am writing this now mostly to remind myself not to volunteer to run so many activities!  I need at least one session of down time to actually take in what's going on around me, collect my thoughts, and be aware of what the student and their families are experiencing.  On the up side, my students had positive feedback, and one of my students was even chosen to play his composition at a statewide festival in May.   I hope the opportunity encourages him to continue being creative and sharing with others.  Now, it's onto my first year of putting students in syllabus exams....!

No comments:

Post a Comment