Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A "New" Tool

I feel like I'm stepping out of the stone age, with everyone talking about the latest app they've downloaded, music labs they've set up, etc.  I'm excited about finally upgrading my Finale from the free version (which is great for students) to Print Music.  I enjoy arranging hymns (not that I'm any good at it), and the latest one I did had some time signature changes, so I downloaded the trail version.  I was hooked as soon I started entering my music.  There are more dynamic options, playback options (the Romantic style worked on this song), adding chords, 8va markings, as well as being able to change time & key signatures (now I'll have to work on modulating).  I even set up a coda!  There are tons of features I've yet to discover.  One of them I'm interested in is being able to extract snippets to create worksheets.  Also it includes a lite scanner.  I tried it on my first arrangement printed from my free Finale, but it left out most of the bar lines and was just kind of funky.  Otherwise, I know what I'll be doing in the next few weeks when exams, concerts, and recitals die down!

No comments:

Post a Comment