Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Onward We Go!

Syllabus exams were last week, and I was pleased that all of my students easily passed.  The one critique the adjudicator had for me as a teacher was that the songs they played were too easy.  I have not been pushing my students the way need to be, and I am hoping to change that during my next year of teaching.  Even now as I consider new pieces for their repertoire, I think, wow, this stuff does look too easy, I can't believe I gave that to them!  I'm looking especially for pieces that contain a lot of expression and paint a picture.  Most of my students like "fast" music, so I'm looking for lively pieces that they can really pick up the tempo.  The greatest compliment I received from the adjudicator was that she appreciated the attitude of my students.  They all seemed happy  to be learning piano.  Even my student who told her he doesn't like piano was at least pleasant about it!  That was an encouragement to me to hear my students had a positive influence on someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment